I am planning a trip abroad this winter, and I am trying to find information on my destination. I did not have to look hard to find a plethora of material online. I am amazed at all the tools available just a few clicks away: travel blogs, online apps, travel guides, or simple downloadable file for print. But with all this information easily accessible, how do you trust what you find?
Personally, I like to go with organizations that have proven records, where I know the information I’ll find is up-to-date. When planning a meeting, the Convention Bureaus of your destination cities are reputable resources. Let’s take the Madrid Convention Bureau as an example. Over the years, they have dramatically increased their tool-kit available for tourists.
Let’s start with you, the meeting professionals. A new website was launch recently designed for professionals and focus on more practical information such as promotional material, manuals for meetings and special venues, applications to learn about Madrid, promotional videos, and more.
Additional tools were made available for all.
– Welcome to Madrid Guide is an application to help you plan your trip, organize sights to visit and select various point of interests based on your location around the city. This is also an informative guide for what is happening around town.
– For Art lovers and others, you can download the Art Walk App, buy passes in the App, get entry to three museums of your choice, and discover information for each museum in a simple and entertaining way. If the Art Walk App does not work for you, download the Art in Madrid Guide. It provides basic introduction to the city’s main museums, in an easy format to find what you are looking for.
– Accessible Madrid” consists of four Travel Guides to help you navigate the city. These guides are downloadable and printable right from your computer or mobile devices.
- Accessible Travel Guide covers tours, museums, important travel information, theaters, monuments, shopping, gastronomy, and more.
- Accessible Accommodations covers everything you need to know about accommodations in Madrid.
- Accessible Public will guide you through all the transportation options in-and-around Madrid.
- The Essential Guides of Madrid, covers City Map, Tourist Areas Map, Metro Map, Bus Routes Map, Student Handbook, Madrid Way of Life, LGBT Madrid Guide, and more…
Additional files are accessible in a printable version. Eating in Madrid, a guide to help you find everything you need to know about Spain’s gastronomy and find the best restaurant, bar, café or market.
I wish all cities would make information accessible in one location, just like Madrid does. It makes it easier to plan trips knowing the data is up-to-date and reliable.
You can find all these materials online on the Madrid Convention Bureau website.
As Always Safe Travel!
Meeting Professionals: https://www.madridturismosector.es
Madrid Convention Bureau: https://www.esmadrid.com/mcb/en/plan-your-event/
Welcome to Madrid Guide: https://www.esmadrid.com/en/mobile-app-welcome-madrid-guide
Art Walk App: https://www.esmadrid.com/en/essential-art-walk-app
Art in Madrid Guide: https://www.esmadrid.com/en/art-madrid-guide-pdf
Accessible Madrid: https://www.esmadrid.com/en/accessible-madrid
Accessible Accommodations: https://www.esmadrid.com/en/accessible-madrid