- very fashionable or up to date in style or influence.
According to the Oxford dictionary, the definition of the word trendy is something most of us would like to be able to use to describe ourselves! Let’s face it, people like to be up on the latest fashion, food, music. But what about hotels? There are some unique and trendy places to stay these days, and Madrid has become a trendsetter with some of the hottest hotels around. With 743 hotels and 46,267 places to shop, Madrid has some brand new hotels that are places “to be seen.”
Here is a run-down to keep you “on fleek”:
- Barceló Torre de Madrid: Fully refurbished, this hotel, with its 258 rooms, is where the avant guarde meets sophistication. Located in the Plaza de Espana, with its first class meeting facilities, this hotel is sure to become a icon in Madrid and a unique way to experience the Spanish capital.
- Only You Hotel Atocha: Centrally located in Madrid, just a few meters from Retiro Park, this hotel’s unique design guarantees its patrons an atmosphere of contemporary urban comfort.
- Only You Boutique Hotel: Once a 19th century mansion, this unique boutique is located a few meters away from Paseo de Recoletos, offering a 24 hour fitness center and spa, along with early check-in and late check-out!
- Vincci the Mint: Located on Madrid’s Gran Via, Vincci the Mint bids a tailor-made experience to its clients, its contemporary vintage style gives off a New York feel. The Mint Roof offers skyline views of the city and is complete with a food truck! Yes, a food truck!
- Dear Hotel Anchored on the corner of Gran Via and Plaza de Espana, this boutique hotel is neoclassical in style and has a sky lounge offering magnificent 360 degree views of the city.
- The Principal Hotel: Boasting of the best panoramic views of Madrid, this hotel is the epitome of modern luxury. With its 76 elegant rooms, rooftop terrace, wellness suite, and avant guarde cuisine, this hotel is for those who like a little pampering!
- Gran Meliá Palacio de los Duques: Once a 19th century palace and a member of the exclusive “Leading Hotels of the World,” this hotel has 3 restaurants, 2 bars and a tea corner. Behind its Elizabethan-style facade, this hotel’s one of a kind historical garden is a haven for those who love peace and quiet.
- Hotel Tótem: a hotel for the style-conscious, this hotel, in the heart of Madrid, possesses the eclectic and cosmopolitan vibe of the fashion district. Its restaurant and cocktail bar, The Beautiful and the Damned, is a great meeting spot for the fashion-forward.
- NH Colletion Madrid Suecia: With 123 warmly decorated rooms, this hotel is close to historic sites, fashion boutiques and nightlife. Its restaurant, Casa Suecia, is known for both its Mediterranean and international cuisine. The lobby bar, with its contemporary British style, was a favorite of Ernest Hemingway.
So, if you’re a traveler with major league swag, try one of Madrid’s newest trend hotels! One of these trendy hotels is sure to meet even the expectations of the most stylin’!